- Adventure, Comedy, Family, Fantasy, Sci-Fi , produced in 2006 USA
- Actors: Tim Allen, Courteney Cox
- Directed by: Peter Hewitt
- Rating: 3.20 out of 10 (5779 votes)
- Plot Summary: Peter Hewitt's (GARFIELD: THE MOVIE) family-friendly adventure film, ZOOM, stars Tim Allen as an aging former superhero who is reluctantly called back on the job. Years ago, Jack (Allen) was adopted for a government program that capitalized on the oddities of unusual children. Under the influence of super-strength-building Gamma rays, Jack became the lightning-fast Zoom, and joined the Zenith team, a group of other similarly cultivated superheroes that included his brother, Concussion (Kevin Zegers). But Concussion went bad, betrayed his fellows, and Zoom was the only one to survive; since then, he has rescinded his powers. Now the government, alarmed at Concussion's approach from another dimension, wants to put together another Zenith team with Jack as their leader. The officials, including Chevy Chase and Rip Torn, assemble a motley crew of youths that includes a six-year-old "princess" with superhuman strength (Ryan Newman), and an innocuous-looking chubby boy who can grow parts of his body at will (Spencer Breslin). Two teenagers (Michael Cassidy and Kate Mara) are also on hand, and they fall in love, while the initially reluctant Jack, who suffered much at the hands of the Zenith team and has since become bitter about the possibility of heroes, begins to open up to the kids. He also finds love with the bumbling, admiring child psychologist (Courtney Cox) who has been assigned to the case. Although the story is somewhat formulaic and the characters thinly drawn, the film's message comes across strongly: the qualities that make a misfit are the very ones that give strength.
You search by